Servicing the Eastern & Western Cape
With multiple branches and agents that operate 24/7, our comprehensive fleet of 160 vehicles deliver and collect throughout the whole of the Western Cape, the Garden route, Langkloof, Eastern Cape, Southern Cape, Karoo, Old Transkei, Springbok and Border regions, and provide an express parcel collection and delivery service to any one of our branches in South Africa.
- Road FreightRoad Freight: Our 160 vehicles are ready to transport your boxed goods to where it needs to go as quickly and securely as possible.
- Air FreightOur air freight service enables us to offer efficient speedy delivery to all major centres in South Africa.
- Chain StoresWe make your supply chain more efficient with our dedicated warehousing and distribution services.
- Pharmaceutical DistributionThe stringent requirements of pharmaceutical transport have been met to deliver valuable medicine.
- E-Commerce & Home DeliveriesTo see your business’ online sales grow you need a secure and reliable courier service at your side.
- RICA Compliant DistributionOur courier expertise now also extends to collect and deliver RICA compliant deliveries within our delivery footprint.
What our clients say
Intertown Transport have demonstrated how humanity unite during a crisis. They laboured unceasingly to collect and distribute goods and food to assist those left destitute after the Knysna, Plett, Thornhill and Woodridge fires. Thank you Grant and Jonathan for your unwavering support during this trying time.
So much love…Thanks for picking up and delivering the bed, couch, and fridge from my house in Port Elizabeth and delivering it to Carol in Knysna, whose house burnt down last month.
Thank you Intertown Transport for collecting another 180kg of bottle tops, en route to our recycling partner.
Facts about Intertown Transport
Intertown Transport (ITT) was started in 1979 by Peter Bokelmann. Four years later, in 1985, Rob Tomlinson joined Peter and became a shareholder. Rob later became the sole shareholder after the tragic passing of Peter in 1991. Grant Tomlinson, our current MD, joined his brother, Rob, before Rob sold Intertown Transport to John Keates in 1996. Grant became a partner in the business 1 year later. John's son Gavin Keates also became a shareholder in 2004 but in 2012, the current partners, Grant Tomlinson and Jonathan Meyer, bought all of the Keates family's shares.
DELIVERIES PER YEAR